Saturday, June 9, 2012

Another Loop Monitor

Well I’m on another loop monitor. The first one was in January, which showed that I had atrial fibrillation. It will be interesting to see what this will show.

Lately my heart has been very good. Not as good as it was this time last year, but way better than it was during the dark days of February, March, April and early May. I still have some bad days, but these bad days are not as bad as those I had early this year.

My girlfriend wonders if I have had some sort of wacky virus. Who knows? All I know is that as recently as a month ago I did not think I would be cycling more than about 30 kilometers. Now I’m cycling up to 73 kilometers and seriously thinking about doing a 115 kilometer ride.

So far the monitor has come on twice on its own probably because of some movement I had. I pressed the record twice accidentally and once as my heart was skipping.

Earlier this week I resumed weight lifting for the first time since January. So far there are no problems. I use five pound weights, one in each hand. I have been doing Wii Fit Plus for the past few months, which may be helping my heart. My sleep is now rarely disturbed by my heart. I also wonder if there is a connection between the quality of sleep and my heart. It seems that on days when my quality of sleep is poor my heart tends to be not too good.

No comments:

Post a Comment