What a difference a week makes! Last week I felt great. I went for a couple of walks, a 21 kilometer bicycle ride and a 65 kilometer ride. The 65 kilometer ride was unexpected as I didn’t think I’d be able to do under the present circumstances. I began to wonder whether my heart problems were just a weird virus or my imagination and then reality struck.
After one good week I’ve had a bad week, which let me know that my heart problems are not my imagination. This week I can FEEL my heart. Thursday night I felt so bad I called an ambulance to be on the safe side. My pulse went from 40 to 88 and skipped and had extra beats. My blood pressure briefly dipped to about 75/45 or something like that. I began to panic, making things worse. By the time the paramedics arrived I had calmed down and my heart had settled down. They found I had evidence of atrial fibrillation. Fortunately it wasn’t serious enough for me to go to hospital. And naturally this occurred just as I’m going to bed.
I called my doctor’s office to advise him of what happened and to ask if the cardiologist had been in touch with him. I was told they had called, but my doctor hadn’t gotten around to call back. Perhaps he will now.
In the meantime no cycling today unfortunately, and probably no walking. Frustrating!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment