Last Thursday I returned the loop monitor to the cardiologist. Much to my surprise every day I pressed the button to record at least once and sometimes four or five times. However for every time I pressed to record, the monitor came on of its own accord at least once, usually, it seemed, just because I moved a certain way. I had been told this may happen. On some days I pressed record once or twice and the monitor came on three or four times.
After my heart improving for several weeks, it began getting worse again about the time I got the monitor. There are several possible reasons for this. One is returning to weight lifting, which I have since stopped again. That may have contributed to making my heart worse. It appeared to do this earlier this year when I resumed weight lifting after stopping it for several weeks.
Another possible contributing factor is that I’ve temporary quit doing Wii Fit Plus. The Wii belongs to my girlfriend, who had to temporarily take it back and so I’ve been without it for about a week now. She will return the Wii on Friday when she comes again. I started doing Wii Fit in April I believe and noticed my heart gradually improving.
The heat and humidity may also contribute to my heart getting worse. I’m not one for enjoying it.
On top of this I’ve had back problems possibly due to the sciatic nerve. This started a week ago when I bicycled 113 kilometers. Normally such a ride wouldn’t be a problem for me. However, my back seemed to go out a bit just as I was about to go. It was made worse the next day by a hike in the Niagara Glen. Fortunately a 31 kilometer bicycle ride yesterday did not make my back worse. (I enjoyed the ride as usual, by the way.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment