Monday, April 30, 2012

Worsening Heart

My heart is slowly getting worse. I can feel it. The other night I had an erratic heart rate. It went something like beep.....beep.....beepbeepbeepbeepbeep, beep, beep.....beep.....beep, beep, beep, beep, beep..... and so on. My pulse was 99, high for me. It took about two hours before things settled down enough for me to go to sleep.

I feel my heart skip. It used to be just occasionally now it’s becoming regular. I have shortness of breath, I feel like I could faint and I feel lightheaded at times. I have chest pain at times and my sleeping is interrupted. In short I have all the signs of sick sinus syndrome. Night are especially bad.

And as if this isn’t enough, sometimes I’ll doze off while watching t.v. or a film and suddenly awake with a start feeling like I’ve quit breathing. It is frightening.

The worst part for me is waiting for doctors to act. However, I am going to start pressing for action starting with my own doctor whom I see today. Without treatment, I feel that I may die sometime within the next several months.

No comments:

Post a Comment