Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Introduction

I'm scared, no two ways about it. I'm having heart problems, me of all people. I don't smoke or drink in excess (actually I don't drink at all) or otherwise abuse my body. I exercise regularly and am not diabetic. Okay so my diet does leave something to be desired, but I'm trying to improve.

This is the first in a serious of occassional blogs on my heart journey from symptoms to diagnosis to treatment. In it I'll share my hopes and fears, triumphs and failures. I'll confront my own mortality. I'll explore my relationships with God, my girlfriend, my friends and my cats as they relate to my heart problems. I'll talk about my symptoms and my journey to treatment.

Please join me on my voyage. I warn you that this blog will be, like my heart beat, irregular. Meaning you may see a constant string of postings and then nothing for a while before starting again. I promise to tell you when I think my blog has run its useful course and formally sign off.

I'm doing it to help me cope with my experience and in hopes that I might be able to help others with theirs. I welcome your feedback and your stories. While I know I'm not alone with dealing with heart problems, I'm curious as to whether my experiences, hopes and fears are unique to me or fairly common. With your permission, I may even share, anonymously, some of your stories.

Until next time, Peter D. A. Warwick

No comments:

Post a Comment